March 10, 2023
Two programs awarded Excellence in Assessment citations
The following programs have been cited by the Office of Assessment with excellence in student learning assessment processes during the 2021-2022 academic year.
The Bachelor of Science in bakery science and management will be awarded the Excellence in Assessment citation on the undergraduate level based on the following supportive criteria:
- Redesigned program outcomes to enable detailed analysis of subcategories of specific indicators of learning.
- Developed a detailed matrix of where each indicator is introduced, developed and achievement expected.
- Identified specific assignment tasks in coursework through which achievement can be assessed.
- Patently work through challenges in developing a sustainable data collection process.
- Progressed beyond assessment plan development into programmatic decision-making from data analysis.
The Master of Arts in theatre with concentration in drama therapy will be awarded the Excellence in Assessment citation on the graduate level based on the following supportive criteria:
- Developed a thorough and detailed essential learning outcomes that address accreditation outcomes and assess multiple specific indicators for each outcome category.
- Integrated detailed rubric scoring devices for each assessment indicator into relevant summative coursework across their curriculum and final projects.
- Continually working for enhanced analysis of student learning to guide decisions on instructional practice, curriculum sequence and assessment tasks that demonstrate learning achievement.
- Automated data collection in their assessment processes to facilitate depth and efficiency of analysis.
Congratulations to these two programs for their continued efforts in designing useful and effective student learning assessment processes and for becoming a model for other programs at K-State.