May 20, 2022
Provost names search committee for interim dean of College of Arts and Sciences
Chuck Taber, provost and executive vice president, has appointed a search committee to lead an expedited search for an interim dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. This internal search is open to current and qualified K-State employees. Chairing the committee is Kevin Gwinner, dean of the College of Business Administration.
Search committee members are:
- Kevin Gwinner, committee chair, professor and dean of the College of Business Administration.
- John Blair, university distinguished professor of biology and director of Konza Prairie Biological Station.
- Alisa Garni, associate professor of sociology.
- Wayne Goins, university distinguished professor of music and director of jazz studies.
- Tanya González, professor and interim associate provost for institutional effectiveness.
- Daniel Higgins, professor and chemistry department head.
- Melissa Janulis, office specialist in history department.
- Sara Luly, associate professor of modern languages and faculty director of the K-State Honors Program.
- Greg Paul, professor and department head of communication studies.
- Bently Taulbert, sophomore in political science.
- Sai Parthasarathy Telikicherla, graduate student in mathematics.
- Karin Westman, associate professor and department head of English.
The interim dean will take over leadership for Amit Chakrabarti who is returning as a faculty member in the physics department. A national search will be conducted in the future for permanent leadership with more details to follow.