April 15, 2022
Records management resources available online
K-State faculty and staff seeking information about how to manage records are encouraged to visit the university records management website.
The website is a great first stop for any K-State employee seeking more information about improving record-keeping practices or guidance on how long different types of records should be kept.
Topics that the website covers include:
- Key records management concepts — Information about identifying what are records and non-records, electronic records and various public records laws that we must follow as a state agency.
- University retention schedules — Guidance on when records should be kept, archived or destroyed. Note: If you have records that do not appear on this list then you are not authorized to destroy those records as a state agency under public records laws in Kansas.
- Records management training sessions — View descriptions and learn how to request Records Management 101 and Electronic Records Management and Shared Drive Clean-up training. Training for Records and Information Management Month is available through HRIS Self-Service or upon request.
- University Records Committee — Learn about members and the committee's role. Users can also view past meeting agendas and minutes.
For more information about retention of records at K-State please see PPM 3090.
- Records Management 101, April 19, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., 181 Hale Library and Zoom
- Shred Day, April 27, from 9-11:30 a.m.
If you have questions about the website or records management, please contact Ryan Leimkuehler, university records manager, at email@example.com.