November 16, 2020
Office of International Programs presenting International Innovative Education Program to Saudia Airlines
The Office of International Programs will present the 2020 International Innovative Education Program award to Saudia Airlines at the International Education Week Awards Ceremony on Thursday, Nov. 19.
The annual award recognizes an organization that goes above and beyond promoting international initiatives and/or serving our global student body. Established in 2012, the International Innovative Education Program is determined by the Office of International Programs leadership team.
Saudia Airline has entrusted K-State with its sponsored students in pursuit of English language, pilot and aviation training to obtain an aviation degree. The Saudia Airline program grows each year in enrollments and adds an international dimension to K-State's aviation program at Kansas State Polytechnic Campus in Salina. The first 11 Saudia Airlines students started in 2017. The program has grown to 38 students.
"The OIP team felt strongly that the Saudi Airlines sponsorship represents a steady and growing partnership between the airlines and the university serving Saudi students at our Polytechnic Campus in the aviation field," said Grant Chapman, associate provost of the Office of International Programs.
"We are thrilled to have Saudia Airlines recognized and rewarded," said Marcellus Caldas, Office of International Programs assistant provost.
Charles Taber, K-State provost and executive vice president, Chapman and Caldas will virtually present awards at the 2020 Virtual International Education Week Awards Ceremony from 4-5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 19.
Past recipients of this award:
- 2012 — Ecuador's Ministry of Education and SENESCYT.
- 2013 — The Brazil Ministry of Education.
- 2014 — The Center for Higher Education and Research, Centro Studi Citta di Orvieto, in Orvieto, Italy.
- 2015 — Paraguay's Comite Paraguay Kansas.
- 2016 — Chinese Ministry of Education Hanban Confucius Institute.
- 2017 — City of Manhattan under the leadership of Mayor and City Commissioner Usha Reddi.
- 2018 — The Australian-American Fulbright Commission and the Oz to Oz Program.
- 2019 — Young African Leaders Initiative and the Staley School of Leadership Studies.
Please register for the awards ceremony webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the awards ceremony webinar.