November 16, 2020
Seasonal changes to Cats' Cupboard's schedule
Submitted by Sarah McGreer Hoyt
Cats' Cupboard: The K-State Food Pantry will be open regular hours through Friday, Nov. 20.
The food pantry will have extended hours from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 23, and Tuesday, Nov. 24. Cats' Cupboard will be closed for the remainder of Thanksgiving break, Nov. 25-29.
When we return in December, we will operate our winter break hours — noon to 5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. to noon Friday — until the beginning of the spring semester. Contact staff members at 785-532-0366 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional access.
Cats' Cupboard will be closed Dec. 24-Jan. 3.
As always, we encourage visitors to use the free meals in the community.
Over winter break, Konza Student Table will continue to offer free evening meals and light breakfast items for K-State students facing food insecurity. Meals are served to-go style for drive-up or walk-up visitors starting at 5:30 p.m. every Wednesday in the parking lot behind St. Isidore's near the corner of Anderson and Denison avenues.
Additional free community meals are available every day of the week thanks to Common Table community meals. Common Table is a breakfast and supper meal program in Manhattan that provides meals seven days a week. It is free and open to everyone. The following is a current list of Common Table locations from its Facebook page:
- Sunday, First Congregational United Church of Christ, Juliette and Poyntz avenues.
- Monday, Seniors' Service Center by Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Fourth and Leavenworth streets.
- Tuesday, First Presbyterian Church, Eighth and Leavenworth streets.
- Wednesday, First United Methodist Church, Sixth Street and Poyntz Avenue.
- Thursday, First Lutheran Church, Ninth Street and Poyntz Avenue.
- Friday, First Lutheran Church, Ninth Street and Poyntz Avenue.
- Saturday, First United Methodist Church, Sixth Street and Poyntz Avenue.
Cat's Cupboard will share information about free community holiday meals as details become available. Follow us on social media, @catscupboardksu, for updates.