November 9, 2020
Students encouraged to get tested before fall break
Submitted by Lafene Health Center
As classes and activities wind down ahead of fall and winter breaks, Kansas State University and Lafene Health Center want students to know that they can use the COVID-19 asymptomatic testing center before leaving to help prevent community spread as they return to their hometowns. The testing is offered at no cost to students. Appointments are required and can be made through the myLafene+ patient portal or by calling 785-532-6544.
Students should plan to be tested at least three days before their planned departure to allow for test delivery and processing times.
Before leaving to return to their permanent residences, students should plan to:
- Practice enhanced physical distancing before travel, ideally for 14 days.
- Get a COVID-19 test within seven days of departure.
- Quarantine for 14 days after arriving at your permanent residence. Wear face coverings, watch for development of symptoms and avoid contact with others.
Travel safely and follow CDC travel guidance.
Delay travel if:
- You are sick.
- You have had a positive test for SARS-CoV-2 — the virus that causes COVID-19 — in the past 10 days.
- You have been around someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Testing is not needed for individuals who have received a positive test in the past 90 days and have finished their 10-day isolation period.
Learn more about asymptomatic testing at Kansas State University.