October 30, 2020
Collegian Media Group students win multiple national awards
Kansas State University's Collegian Media Group won multiple national awards at the National College Media Convention Oct. 22-24. The Associated Collegiate Press and College Media Association co-organized and ran the virtual event.
In addition to the awards, students who participated had the opportunity to attend more than 100 educational sessions and network with other college and professional journalists from across the country.
The 2019 Royal Purple yearbook was one of four in the nation to receive a Pacemaker distinction, the highest award given by Associated Collegiate Press. The 2020 Royal Purple also took second place in ACP's Best of Show competition.
"The entire 2019 Royal Purple staff worked very hard to produce such a beautiful yearbook, so having that hard work recognized makes it all worthwhile," said Hallie Everett, 2020 Royal Purple co-editor-in-chief. "Creating this historical record is something we find very valuable and it's great to know others see that as well."
The awards include:
- Second place, Yearbook Cover Design of the Year — Ashley Read '20, Royal Purple.
- Honorable mention, Magazine Cover Design of the Year — Cameron Cirino '20, Abby Pfannenstiel '20, Kate Torline, Manhappenin' magazine.
- Honorable mention, Yearbook Page Design of the Year — Katie Harbert, Royal Purple yearbook.
- Honorable mention, Newspaper Editorial of the Year — Kaylie McLaughlin, The Collegian newspaper.
- Fifth place Best of Show 4-Year, More than Weekly Newspaper — The Collegian newspaper.
- Second place Best of Show, Yearbook — staff, Royal Purple yearbook.
- Seventh place Best of Show, Individual Design — Monica Melber '20, Manhappenin' magazine.
- Sixth place Best of Show, Print Advertising Design — Grace Frank, The Collegian newspaper.
- Fifth place Best of Show, Advertising Rate Card — Holly Delay, Collegian Media Group.
If you enjoy and value The Collegian newspaper, Royal Purple yearbook and Manhappenin' magazine, please help support our students by donating to the Collegian Media Group's student scholarship fund through the KSU Foundation.