October 22, 2020
SGA, Union Program Council host 'The T.O.H.S.S. up: Interactive discussion'
Become an informed voter for the upcoming election at "The T.O.H.S.S. up: Interactive discussion" from 3-4 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 22, in the K-State Student Union courtyard. In-person attendance is limited. An online, interactive component will be available via Zoom livestream. Attendees will have the opportunity to actively contribute during the session digitally through polls, quizzes and question submissions.
Learn about topics chosen by your fellow Wildcats to make informed voting decisions for the presidential election on Nov. 3. Preformulated, open space dialogue will be led by a panel of students involved in Student Governing Association and affinity interest group student leaders. The discussion will follow the principles of civic engagement.
T.O.H.S.S. stands for the discussion structure this event will follow:
- Topicality: Is the argument within the scope of the topic?
- Obstacle: Is the problem inherent and unlikely to resolve itself in the status quo now?
- Harms: Why does this matter, what damage is it causing?
- Significance: Define the scope of your harms.
- Solvency: Does the plan you have introduced solve the problem at hand?
This event is hosted by the SGA and Union Program Council. Hate or derogatory speech will not be tolerated.
For additional information on this event, visit kstateupc.com or email email@example.com.