October 12, 2020
Counseling Services has no waitlist
Counseling Services currently has no waitlist and is providing telehealth appointments for eligible students who are located in the state of Kansas at the time of service.
To schedule a telehealth appointment with one of our therapists, eligible students should call 785-532-6927. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hours may vary at times due to university closings, holidays, or special circumstances. The phone number can be accessed 24/7 if you need to speak with a mental health professional.
Counseling Services provides short-term, focused therapy for a variety of social and emotional concerns. The services include the following:
- Online, self-paced self-help courses focusing on stress management and academic anxiety.
- Email Counseling Services for more information or to request access to the course, which appears on your Canvas page.
- Unlimited telehealth drop-in workshops focusing on mindfulness skills and general coping skills.
- Telehealth crisis interventions for people who are experiencing thoughts of harming themselves or another person, people who have experienced a recent sexual assault, or people who are exhibit bizarre behavior.
- Unlimited telehealth group therapy.
- Telehealth individual therapy, for up to 8 sessions per semester.*
- Counseling Services recently hired a staff member who can provide therapy in Spanish.
- Faculty and staff are eligible for consultation and support for students.
Effective Jan. 1, all services are available at no additional cost to enrolled students who have paid the privilege fee. Please note, that if a student misses their appointment without prior notice, or cancels less than 24 hours in advance, they will incur a $25 charge.
If you have questions, we encourage you to call Counseling Services to speak with either the front desk staff, the counselor on duty for consultation, or the assistant director, Kodee Walls.
*Per semester is defined in the following ways:
- Fall semester includes the first week of classes in the fall to the week before classes resume in the spring.
- Spring semester includes the first week of classes in the spring to the week before classes start for summer.
- Summer is a third semester and includes the first week of summer classes to the week before fall classes start.