Groups at Counseling Services
Fall 2017 Groups
- Mondays 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. -- Living with Loss (for individuals grieving the death of a significant person in their life)
- Wednesdays 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. -- Graduate and Non-Traditional Students Group
- Wednesdays 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. -- Understanding Self & Others (open to all students)
- Thursdays 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. -- Understanding Self & Others (open to all students)
- Fridays 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. -- *Spectrum (for individuals who identify as LGBQP2SA)
- Fridays 2:30 - 4:00 p.m. -- *TRANScend (for individuals who identify as Trans, Gender non-conforming, Gender non-binary, Gender fluid, or questioning
*FREE Fall 2017, funding provided by private donors.
- Calming the Storm -- Time: TBD based on interested students' schedules (for individuals wanting to build skills to more effectively manage emotions and distress)
Please contact Counseling Services (785-532-6927 or come in) to learn more about joining a group.
Click here for descriptions about each of the above groups.
Wednesday Group (A Dramatization)
What are Groups?
Groups are students interacting with other students, sharing concerns with others in similar situations. At times student issues are most effectively explored in a safe and supportive environment where interaction occurs with others. Groups are designed to facilitate growth and skill development by focusing on concerns central to student life. Curious about what a group might look like? See the dramatization above.
Who can Attend?
The groups and workshops are open to all currently enrolled as K-State students. Make an appointment to talk about group with a counselor.
Why Choose Group Counseling?
Group counseling supports students' personal growth as they explore relationships and other issues such as: depression, anxiety, loss, diversity issues, relationship/communication skills, stress management, and life transitions. Through group counseling students will be able to identify with others who are experiencing similar concerns and increase their self-awareness in a safe, supportive, and confidential setting.
Benefits of group are:
- Provides multiple perspectives/ideas
- Decreases feelings of loneliness by seeing you are not alone
- Helps you to learn new relationship skills
- Provides a secure environment to practice new relationship skills
- A cost effective and beneficial treatment alternative to individual therapy
- A chance to help others while getting help
When groups are offered?
Groups are offered during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
Is There a Charge?
There is a $7 charge for each group session. *Spectrum FREE Fall 2017, funding provided by private donors.