October 31, 2019
Division of Financial Services trainings available during Supplier Showcase and Safety Fair
The Division of Financial Services will provide a variety of trainings for all K-State employees during the Supplier Showcase and Safety Fair on Tuesday, Nov. 5. The following training sessions will take place in the Bluemont Room in the K-State Student Union. No registration is necessary.
- Purchasing 101, 9:30-10 a.m. and 2:30-3 p.m. Purchasing staff will discuss purchasing forms, contracts available for departmental purchases, the competitive bid process and purchase exceptions.
- Fixed Asset Management, 10-10:30 a.m. and 1-1:30 p.m. Fixed assets are capitalized assets more than $5,000. This training will cover all facets of accounting for capital assets, including an overview of monthly reporting and disposition of property procedures.
- SPA Basics for Beginners and Seasoned Research Administrators, 10:30-11 a.m. and 3-3:30 p.m. Sponsored Programs Accounting staff will discuss payroll leave payouts, purchasing definitions, grant versus cooperative agreement versus contract and federal audits.
- The When, Why and How of Travel Forms, 11-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-2 p.m. A review of travel forms and how to complete them for quicker processing.
- What do Travel Auditors Look For?, 11:30 a.m. to noon and 2-2:30 p.m. Learn more about what Division of Financial Services and state auditors look for when auditing travel documents.
Make plans to also attend the Supplier Showcase and Safety Fair from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom of the K-State Student Union to meet approved university contract vendors and view new products and services. Safety and emergency response representatives will be available to provide additional trainings and resources.