September 12, 2019
Nominations open: Commerce Bank Presidential Awards for Diversity
Nominations are open for the Commerce Bank Presidential Faculty and Staff Award for Distinguished Service to Historically Underrepresented Students and the Student Award for Distinguished Services to Enhancing Multiculturalism at K-State.
The nomination and application forms are available now on the Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs website. The nomination deadline is 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 21.
The Faculty and Staff Award, established in 1978, recognizes an outstanding individual's contributions to the development of quality education for historically underrepresented students at Kansas State University. Nominees may be a faculty or staff member, an alumnus, or a friend of the university. The William T. Kemper Foundation through the Commerce Bank sponsors this cash award.
The Student Award, established in the spring of 1997, recognizes an outstanding student's contributions to diversity enhancement within the student sector. The William T. Kemper Foundation through the Commerce Bank sponsors this cash award.
Commerce Bank Presidential Awards Selections committee members include:
- Trisha Gott, interim director, Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- Patricia Hudgins, associate director, Career Center.
- Rebeca Paz, assistant director, Office of First-Generation Students.
- Spencer Clark, associate professor of curriculum and instruction.
- Brandon Haddock, coordinator, LGBT Resource Center.
- Amy Betz, assistant dean for retention, diversity and inclusion, mechanical and nuclear engineering department.
- Bryan Samuel, chief diversity and inclusion officer.
- Mirta Chavez, committee chair, director of multicultural programs and services, Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs.
Both award recipients will be celebrated at the Commerce Bank Awards reception on Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2020, as part of the university's Martin Luther King Jr. Observance Week.
For more information, contact Michele Benevento, selection committee staff support, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-6276 or Mirta Chavez, selection committee chair, at email@example.com.