About Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs
At Kansas State University, you will find a commitment to promoting diversity in every sector of the university. Everyone is supported through multicultural programs, intercultural learning and academic success, & multicultural student life initiatives.
The Department of Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs' (DMSA) mission is to provide leadership in buiding an inclusive campus climate that promotes a sense of belonging for our students, faculty, staff, and greater campus community.
The office works with key units throughout the university, corporate sponsors, and communities across the State of Kansas to address issues and enhance diversity by way of programming, student support, and advocacy.
We support our mission by:
- Develop strategies to facilitate the recruitment, retention and graduation rates of students of color
- Provide scholarship opportunities for students of color
- Provide support for multicultural student organizations and leadership development of students of color
- Provide diversity programming and activities that augment classroom learning and have cultural relevancy for students and faculty of color
- Provide links to external constituency groups, such as alumni of color, the African American Legislative Caucus and national organizations with focuses of enhancing diversity
- Provide leadership and direction for the President's Commission on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging
- Work with college diversity committees to address issues and enhance diversity
- Provide conflict resolution when needed
- Address problem situations for students, faculty and staff of color