September 25, 2018
Introduction to Supervision offered in October
Introduction to Supervision, coordinated by Human Capital Services, provides new supervisors with practical leadership skills and an increased awareness of university policies and procedures. A new session will start on Wednesday, Oct. 10.
Supervisors of university support staff employees are invited to attend, including faculty and professional staff who supervise USS employees.
Human Capital Services asks that participants in the program are current supervisors of USS employees at the time of enrollment. Please note, this series is not meant for supervisors of unclassified or student employees, including GTA/GRA/GA supervisors.
A series of topics are covered including:
- "Benefit" Your Team
- Hiring Top Talent
- Interview Designer
- Introduction to Search Committee Roles and Responsibilities
- Resources to Attract a Highly Talented, Diverse Workforce
- Recognizing Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Americans with Disabilities Act- How to Manage Accommodations
- Evaluating USS Work Performance
- Corrective Action for University Support Staff
- Attendance Guidelines for University Support Staff
This program is mandated by Kansas State University for all USS supervisory personnel who must complete the program within the first six months of the original appointment to be granted permanent status.
Participants may register for Introduction to Supervision through HRIS Self_Enrollment or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, department, employee ID number, course title and the course number, WTD077.