August 29, 2018
Requests for reclassification accepted beginning Sept. 1
What is a reclassification? A position — university support staff or unclassified staff — may be reclassified within K-State's compensation structure when significant changes occur in job duties. Please see the listing below for examples and parameters for this process. A review of duties and market-based pay comparisons will be completed by Human Capital Services' Compensation and Organization Effectiveness team for each reclassification requested.
Requests for reclassification are accepted during two windows, one in the spring semester and another in the fall. Reclassifications will be effective on the dates listed below. Retroactive reclassifications will not be processed.
Requests will be collected from Sept. 1 to Oct. 15; any changes will be effective Dec. 16. Employees will see changes reflected in their Jan. 11, 2019 paycheck.
- Reclassification is only applicable for positions that have undergone significant and permanent changes in duties and responsibilities. It is not a mechanism to grant an employee a salary increase. Salary increase requests should be submitted using the Base Salary Increase Form.
- New duties being reported in the reclassification request should have been in place for at least six months. This timeframe is in place to determine if the shift in duties is temporary or permanent. Temporary pay changes due to temporary duties can be requested using the Base Salary Increase Form.
- A request for reclassification does not guarantee any particular outcome and may result in a pay grade increase, decrease or no change. If the position is reclassified, the PER-2 that accompanies the reclassification report — provided to you by Human Capital Services — must be submitted to finalize the process.
- The job duties and responsibilities included in the Request for Reclassification Form will serve as the official position description on file for the position when the process is complete, regardless of outcome.
- All portions of the Request for Reclassification form — employee, supervisor and manager — will be accepted unitl 11:59 p.m. Sept. 1 through Oct. 7.
- The week of Oct. 8 through Oct. 15 at 11:59 p.m. is reserved for employees and managers to submit their portion. No new requests for reclassification will be accepted from supervisors after Oct. 7.
Human Capital Services encourages supervisors and managers to learn more about the request for reclassification process and know when to request a reclassification of an employee's position. Additional resources for supervisors and managers also are available.
If you have questions before proceeding with a reclassification request, or want to discuss whether a position would be eligible for reclassification prior to submitting, please contact HCS Talent Solutions – Compensation and Organizational Effectiveness at 785-532-1866 or email@example.com.