Compensation Structure Resources for Managers
View the Guidelines for Managing Staff Pay online training to learn more about using pay ranges, working titles and when to request a position reclassification. Resources and tools presented in this training are made available for download, as well as provided below.
View the compensation methodology video to learn more about how job titles and pay are determined at K-State.
- Best compensation practices for hiring
- Educational equivalency
- Managing pay within the range
- Requesting a reclassification
- Employees who were identified to be below minimum for their assigned pay grade following the implementation of the university's compensation structure, received a pay increase to at least the minimum of their pay grade. With this step completed, departments may begin addressing pay decisions, as funding permits, for employees who are in-range. Steps for requesting a salary increase are outlined as part of guidelines for managing pay within the range.
- With the implementation of Total Rewards, and as the university transitions to the new compensation structure, it will take time to transition all employees to their appropriate placement within the range with respect to the knowledge, skills, abilities and performance they bring to their position.