April 2, 2018
Graduate Student Appreciation Month kicks off today
K-State's campuswide Graduate Student Appreciation Month kicks off April 2.
Graduate Student Appreciation Month will feature events, activities and free food for graduate students in appreciation for their dedicated service and contributions to the teaching, research, scholarship and outreach for the academic year.
The following events and activities, sponsored by colleges and departments, are part of Graduate Student Appreciation Month:
Monday, April 2
- The Graduate Student Council will host the April Graduate Student Council meeting at noon in the Lecture Room of the K-State Alumni Center. This meeting will include the announcement to commence voting for the 2018-19 Graduate Student Council executive committee members.
- The K-State Olathe Campus will offer snacks and coffee in the Bistro throughout the week.
Tuesday, April 3
- The College of Arts and Sciences will offer a graduate pizza party with the dean from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in 301 Calvin Hall. Graduate students may RSVP online. Register by 3 p.m. Monday, April 2. Arts and sciences students who attend will have the opportunity to register for a $500 cash prize to be used for academic purposes, such as conference travel.
- The electrical and computer engineering department will offer breakfast for electrical and computer engineering graduate students.
Wednesday, April 4
- The College of Human Ecology will host a graduate student recognition coffee/tea social from 8:30-11 a.m. in the Hodgson Collaboration area.
- The civil engineering department will have a pizza party at 5 p.m. for all civil engineering graduate students.
- Industrial and manufacturing systems engineering department will offer an ice cream party at 12:30 p.m.
- Graduate Student Council will host a Dine for Dollars fundraiser at Blue Moose. Twenty-five percent of the proceeds will be given to the Graduate Student Council. Mention to your server you are participating in the fundraiser for the Graduate Student Council to earn credit.
Thursday, April 5
- Engineering Research and Graduate Programs, or ERGP, will offer gift items — e.g., pens, water bottles — and cookies for engineering graduate students from 10 a.m. to noon in 1042 Rathbone Hall.
Friday, April 6
- The College of Veterinary Medicine will offer coffee and donuts for graduate students from 7:30-9 a.m. in Trotter Hall lobby.
Sunday, April 15
- All graduate students are invited to the annual Graduate Student Barbecue with President Richard Myers from 5-6:30 p.m. in the Alumni Center Ballroom. RSVP is required by Monday, April 9.
Friday, April 20
- The College of Agriculture will offer a recognition reception for graduate students of distinction from 4-5 p.m. in 137 Waters Hall.
Monday, April 23
- The Graduate Student Council will host the annual Graduate Student Council Awards and Recognition Reception for graduate students who have received notable achievements throughout the 2017-18 academic year.
Tuesday, April 24
- Join the Graduate Student Council for an ice cream social at 3 p.m. All graduate students are invited to enjoy Call Hall ice cream. Location is TBD.
Saturday, April 28
- The Graduate Student Council will host the inaugural Grad Dash 5k at 8 a.m. Make your last victory lap of the Manhattan campus before you head into finals. Registration is required by April 16.
Friday, May 4
- The College of Business Administration will offer a graduate student appreciation lunch, and a Graduate Studies Advisory Council Networking event.