February 20, 2018
Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program application window closes Feb. 23
Applications to be a part of the 2018-2019 class of the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program are due at 11:55 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23.
The Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program, a partnership between the Staley School of Leadership Studies and K-State Athletics, offers students in their final year at K-State a leadership development opportunity rooted in honoring Hall-of-Fame coach Bill Snyder's leadership legacy at K-State.
The fourth year for Snyder Fellows program will begin in April 2018 and continue through April 2019. This yearlong program will include a class of up to 40 outstanding K-State undergraduate students entering their final year at K-State. Snyder Fellows will participate in a variety of leadership development activities to help prepare for the transition from college and for engagement as lifelong leaders. Through generous contributions from supporters of Coach Snyder and the Staley School, this noncredit development program will be offered at no cost for all selected students.
Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows:
- Participate in a leadership development program rooted in Coach Snyder's 16 Goals for Success.
- Attend three intensive retreats focused on goal setting and leadership development.
- Take part in exclusive personal and professional development events with successful athletes, scholars and business leaders throughout the year.
- Participate in leadership dialogues and form an ongoing relationship with Coach Snyder.
- Engage in one-on-one leadership coaching sessions with Staley School faculty members and campus partners through the critical transition from college to career.
- Mentor youth in the Manhattan community with a group of fellows, through youth sports coaching, in partnership with the Manhattan Parks and Recreation Department.
- Make a difference on campus and in the community through service and mentoring activities.
- Create a network of Snyder Fellows past and present to form a family of lifelong leaders.
All applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. on Feb. 23. For more information on the Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows program, visit ksu.edu/snyder-fellows or contact Staley School faculty members Marcia Hornung or Dom Hoover at 785-532-6085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.