May 3, 2017
Division of Biology awards 2017-2018 scholarships
K-State's Division of Biology will award approximately $162,000 in undergraduate scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year.
These include a projected $134,000 in continuing — renewable — June Hull Sherrid Scholarships, currently supporting almost 200 Kansas biology students with health professional career goals. In addition, the Division of Biology recently recognized high-achieving students with one-time awards totaling $28,000. Scholarship winners represent all three of the majors offered in the Division of Biology: biology, microbiology, and fisheries, wildlife and conservation biology. The division is pleased to support so many excellent students pursuing degrees within the program.
The following students earned one-time awards for the coming academic year:
- Sabrina Gragg, Richard Rogers and Caroline Skidmore – Enloe Family Scholarship.
- Hannah Gillespie and Kathlyn Gomendoza — Maben Family Scholarship in Biology.
- Megan Vanderpool and Vaithish Velazhahan — Dr. Brian Spooner Fund.
- Jesseca Pirkle, Jazmine Snow, Mary Kinsley Snyder and Michael Zuniga — Division of Biology University Distinguished Professors Scholarship.
- Julie Cooper and Logan Thomas — Larry G. Williams Scholarship.
- Kelly Damor, Hannah Hildebrand, Braden Johnson, Mi Ge Kim, Elizabeth Murino, Samantha Schluter-Pascua, Laken Tedrow and Loan Trinh — June Hull Sherrid Scholarship in Biology — separate fund not linked to pre-health.
- Molly Bassette, Riley Burghart, Christopher Clarkston, Mikaela Flax and Tracie Thibault — Division of Biology Scholarship.
- Gene Coker — John and Thea Beckman Scholarship.
- Madison L. Mackeprang — Floyd C. and Berniece Humbert Butel Biology Scholarship.
- Samantha Grieger — Robert K. Nabours Scholarship.
The Division of Biology expresses upmost gratitude to the generous donors who made these scholarships possible.