September 28, 2015
Members selected for Vice President for Research Search Committee
A national search for a new vice president for research is being chaired by Jeff Morris, vice president for communications and marketing. The role of the vice president for research is to support and facilitate the research efforts of K-State's faculty, staff and students; direct the university's research mission in becoming a Top 50 public research university by 2025; and promote the university's research program with stakeholders.
Additional members of the search committee include:
- Paul Lowe, assistant vice president for research and sponsored programs and director of pre-award services.
- Steve Higgs, associate vice president for research and director of the Biosecurity Research Institute.
- Ernie Minton, associate director and associate dean of the Agriculture Experiment Station.
- Kurt Barnhart, associate dean for research and outreach at K-State Salina.
- Michelle Toews, associate dean for research in the College of Human Ecology.
- Karin Westman, English department head.
- Amit Chakrabarti, Physics department head.
- Christer Aakeröy, university distinguished professor of chemistry.
- John Tomich, professor of biochemistry and molecular biophysics and director of the Biotechnology Core/Proteomics Facility.
- Annelise Nguyen, associate professor of diagnostic medicine and pathobiology.
- Megan Kennelly, associate professor of plant pathology.
- Jan Vosahlik, doctoral student in civil engineering.
- Nicholas Anderson, post doctoral research associate in the agronomy department.
- Andy Hurtig, president of the Student Governing Association and senior in accounting.
- Pam Warren, president of University Support Staff Senate.
- Linda Cook, assistant vice president of the K-State Alumni Association.
- Matthew White, associate vice president for constituent development of the KSU Foundation.