Adding or Dropping A Class
The following information provides directions on adding, dropping, or changing sections of classes. If you are dropping your only class or all of your classes, then you should visit the withdrawal page of this website. Changes to your schedule can be done via KSIS. After online enrollment closes, you will need to work with your College Dean's Office to do a Late Add/Drop/Edit request to make schedule changes.
Steps for Schedule Change
- Before you make any schedule changes check on the impacts with other departments.
- If you receive financial aid or scholarships please visit with your Financial Aid Advisor.
- If you work with the Office of International Programs please reach out to your contact.
- Visit with your academic advisor about potential impacts toward degree progression.
- Consider how a drop will appear on your transcript
- See the drop checklist for a list of additional items to consider.
- Obtain permission/override, if needed. "Instructor Consent" or "Department Consent" appears in the schedule of classes if permission is required. Permission/Overrides are available from the instructor or department as needed.
- Obtain change approvals if necessary.
- There are deadlines for schedule changes. Make sure you complete all changes before the deadline. For full-semester courses, see the Academic website > Course Schedules for additional details on a specific term and course deadlines
- If a class is closed, check with the department concerning waitlist or override options. Waitlists are not available for all classes. Departmental staff will give you enrollment instructions based upon available options.
- Check your schedule and tuition & fee assessment for errors.
- If your fee assessment changes:
- If you have not yet paid your initial bill for the semester, pay the new amount due by your due date
- If you have already paid your initial bill for the semester and now owe more, you will receive an additional billing. See the billing cycle.
- If you have already paid your initial bill for the semester and now owe less, you will receive a credit to your account. Credits are first applied to any outstanding charges on your K-State account. Once all charges are paid, a refund will be issued. See the Division of Financial Services - Refunds website for more information on how refunds are issued.
- Tuition and Fee adjustment dates differ from deadlines to make schedule changes. See the Tuition & Fees website for more information.