February 15, 2022
Check your inbox: Take the K-State Lafene Health Center Survey
A random sample of 10,000 K-State students will receive an email today, Feb. 15, with the subject line "Take the K-State Lafene Health Center Survey."
The National College Health Assessment is a web-based, nationally recognized survey used by more than 740 colleges and universities to make improvements in health and well-being programs offered on campus. Students should check their K-State email on Feb. 15 to see if they were invited to participate.
When does it start?
- The opening date is Feb. 15 and the survey closes on March 6. Students who complete the survey are entered into a drawing for prizes including a Garmin Venu Sq Music Smartwatch or an Amazon gift card.
Who is surveyed?
- 10,000 students were randomly selected from the K-State Manhattan campus. The survey received IRB No. 10881.
What is the format?
- Selected students receive an email inviting them to participate in the confidential survey that takes about 30 minutes to complete. The subject line is "Take the K-State Lafene Health Center Survey."
How will Lafene Health Center use the confidential information?
- Identify the most common health and behavior risks affecting students’ academic performance.
- Design or expand evidence-based health and well-being promotion programs with targeted educational and environmental initiatives.
- Influence the campus culture by opening a dialogue about health and well-being with students and staff.
- Evaluate our programming efforts by conducting repeat administrations of the survey. Lafene administered this survey in spring 2018 and spring 2020.
Questions? Contact Jean DeDonder, assistant director of Lafene Health Center, at 785-532-6544.