October 15, 2019
Submissions for Kansas Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol
Submitted by Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry
Are you conducting research or creative inquiry with a faculty member on campus? Would you like the opportunity to present that research to Kansas legislators?
If so, the Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry is seeking undergraduate submissions for the honor of presenting their research or creative inquiry at the Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol on March 5, 2020.
- Opportunity to take your research experience to the next level.
- Receive professional development in creating a research poster (we will pay for the poster).
- Improve your communication skills by presenting your research to a wide audience.
- Chance to travel to Topeka and see the State Capitol.
Requirements for all applicants:
- Be undergraduates during the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Have completed research under the guidance of a K-State faculty mentor.
- Follow the methodology of the appropriate academic discipline.
- Have research of sufficient quality to be presented at a professional academic meeting.
- Have the skills, resources, and capacity to produce a professional academic poster.
- Agree to undergo training and rehearse their presentations prior to the Capitol event.
Applications must include:
- The title of the project.
- A 250-word abstract.
- A short paragraph stating how your research is related to Kansas.
Please submit your application online by Dec. 6.
Read more information about Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol.
Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Inquiry with any questions at email@example.com.