February 12, 2024
Center for Risk Management student fellow applications open
The K-State Center for Risk Management Education and Research, or CRMER, is a multidisciplinary center focusing on hands-on risk management across all aspects and industries of business. The program teaches students to identify, assess, prioritize and manage a plethora of risks across organizations.
The center is like a pre-management trainee program. It gives curious-natured students an opportunity to gain experience in various industries and functional skill areas. Students from diverse academic backgrounds interconnect their interests by way of exploring the application of risk concepts, as well as risk assessment and mitigation strategies, within functional skill areas and across the organization. The functional skill areas commonly explored include financial, operational, products and services, compliance and regulatory, merchandising and procurement, supply chain and logistics, accounting and cost controls, and technology and cyber.
As a CRMER student fellow, you will:
- Engage with the center for a full academic year: fall 2024, winter intersession 2025 and spring 2025.
- Participate in a series of guest lectures, workshops and companies visits — most expenses paid.
- Gain specialized knowledge pertinent to business risk management, enhancing your career prospects.
- Experience a multidisciplinary educational journey.
- Build network of diverse employers, faculty and peers.
- Receive a $500 budget to invest in resources or experiences that will further enrich your learning experience.
What sets CRMER apart?
- An interdisciplinary learning environment.
- A focus on enterprise and integrated risk management across an organization to produce career-ready graduates who have a systems understanding of risk.
- A strong emphasis on experiential learning, blending academic coursework, with practical industry engagement
Who should apply?
- Aspiring business leaders.
- Individuals with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Effective problem solvers.
- Strategic minds.