August 17, 2023
Advisor Forum group information and save the dates
The members of the Advisor Forum wish everyone a positive start to the new semester. Below is more information about the Advisor Forum group.
Who we are: The Advisor Forum group holds routine meetings throughout the semester to discuss various subjects related to advising and student success. These meetings are a great way to stay up to date on resources and departments on campus, along with networking with other advising and student success professionals across campus. All faculty and staff who support students are welcome to attend these meetings.
Save the dates for fall 2023 Advisor Forum meetings:
- 9:30-11 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 14.
- 9:30-11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 12.
- 9:30-11 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 9.
The meetings will be held on Zoom. A Zoom link and agenda will be emailed out through the Advisor Forum listserv in advance of each meeting. Meetings will also be recorded and added to the Modules section of the Advisor Forum Canvas page for those who want to watch at a later date.
Other Advisor Forum resources:
- Advisor Forum email listserv — Occasional emails that benefit the good of the advising community as a whole. For access, contact TJ Duntz at email@example.com.
- Advisor Forum Canvas page — Access meeting recordings, minutes and agendas. For access, contact TJ Duntz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advising 101 onboarding and professional development Canvas page — Great for learning procedures, policies and all things advising at K-State. For advisors new and experienced. For access, contact Rebecca Dale at email@example.com.
- New Advisors Teams channel — Group chat on Microsoft Teams that is great for posting and/or answering those quick advising-related questions. For access, contact Rebecca Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Charlie Award — peer-nominated award celebrates talented advisors who creatively engage in their work, have a positive impact on their students and demonstrate leadership. To nominate, use the Charlie Award nomination form.