April 25, 2023
Announcements for K-State's Noontime Yoga program
Noontime Yoga is temporarily moving to the International Student Center for the summer. Details will be shared in the coming weeks, but the 25-year tradition will continue to be free to K-State faculty, staff, students and the Manhattan community.
In the meantime, the collection of yoga mats in 301 Ahearn Field House needs to be moved.
Two cabinets are overflowing with mats — one is filled with loaner mats that are available for anyone to use. The other cabinet is locked and contains mats that belong to individuals.
If you store a yoga mat in the locked cabinet, you will need to remove it on or before Friday, April 28. After April 28, all mats will be moved to the "loaner" cabinet and be available to anyone who wants or needs one. Any mats not claimed by Friday, May 12, will be donated. The goal is to have no mats in either cabinet by May 12.
You may be wondering:
- Are the cabinets going to move to the new noontime yoga home? Maybe, maybe not. It's likely that the summer location will be temporary and we'll be moving again for the fall semester. It's also possible that noontime yoga may have many locations and rotate around various campus spaces. Or, by August, we may have a permanent place to call home, and the handy cabinets will be there waiting to store your mat once again. With the uncertainty of these next few months, not having to find a home for all of those mats will provide more flexibility.
- So when should I come to 301 Ahearn Field House to claim my mat? The studio and the locked cabinet are open Monday-Friday from 12:05-12:50 p.m., except only 12:10-12:40 p.m. on Wednesdays. You can come to a yoga class and take your mat with you when you leave, or stop by during that time to get your mat from the cabinet. After Friday, April 28, all unclaimed mats will be moved to the loaner cabinet and will be free for anyone to take. If none of those times work for you, contact Kathryn Harth at email@example.com to find another time to meet up.
- Can I have a free mat? Sure! Stop by the studio between 12:05-12:50 p.m. Monday-Friday May 1-12 to help yourself to any mat left behind.
- What's the timeline again?
- April 28: All personal yoga mats should be removed from the locked cabinet by today.
- May 1-12: Any mats left behind will be in the loaner cabinet and available to anyone who wants or needs one.
- May 12: The last noontime yoga class in 301 Ahearn Field House.
- May 15 and beyond: Stay tuned.