March 23, 2023
Mortar Board announces outstanding faculty and student awards
The XIX Chapter of Mortar Board at Kansas State University annually honors members of the university community for outstanding commitment to students.
K-State Mortar Board members nominate faculty and students for these awards then vote on the final recipients.
The individuals were recognized during a reception in November 2022. Each recipient received a plaque for their respective honors.
The outstanding faculty of the 2022-2023 academic year are:
- Logan Britton, assistant professor of agricultural economics, College of Agriculture.
- James Hohenbary, associate director of the University Honors Program, Staley School of Leadership.
- Vibhavari Jani, professor of interior architecture and product design, College of Architecture, Planning & Design.
- Chance Lee, assistant professor and director of the nonprofit leadership program, Staley School of Leadership.
- Ashley Rhodes, teaching assistant professor of biology, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Tim Rozell, professor of animal sciences and industry, College of Agriculture.
The outstanding students of the 2022-2023 academic year are:
- Annika Bhatt, junior in food science and industry.
- Kate Brull, senior in biology, pre-medicine.
- Dreah Kuckelman, senior in biochemistry and modern languages.
- Brittany Smith, sophomore in animal sciences and industry, pre-veterinary medicine.
- Jade Valdez-Gomez, senior in dietetics.
- Parker Vulgamore, senior in agricultural economics, pre-law.
Mortar Board is a national honor society recognizing college seniors for their exemplary scholarship, leadership and service. Mortar Board has more than 200 chartered collegiate chapters across the United States.