December 13, 2022
LGBTQ* Faculty and Staff Alliance meeting Dec. 13
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer — or LGBTQ* — Faculty and Staff Alliance invites all interested faculty, staff and graduate students to our final meeting of the semester at noon Tuesday, Dec. 13.
Join us in the Oneok Room of the Morris Family Multicultural Student Center or email an executive board member for a Zoom link.
The LGBTQ* Faculty Staff Alliance is made up of classified and unclassified K-State employees and graduate students. Our members are deeply committed to advocating for sexuality and gender identity social justice and meeting the needs of our K-State community.
The alliance works to support and advocate for sexuality and gender identity-based issues in the K-State community. The efforts we encourage and support include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advocating for the recruitment, retention and professional development of sexuality and gender identity minority faculty and staff.
- Serving in a variety of mentorship roles for our students and peers, both professionally and personally.
- Improving the recruitment, retention and graduation rates of LGBTQ* students.
- Maintaining a cultural presence on campus and in the community.
- Providing input in institutional planning committees involved in varied university practices and advocating for sexual and gender identity issues in policy and representation on our campus.
- Working with campus organizations and entities to advance diversity and multicultural initiatives and programs at K-State.
- Advancing civil rights and social justice for all members of the campus community.
For additional information on our monthly meetings, special events, listserv subscription or Zoom link, please contact one of our co-chairs: Adam Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org, Rachel Levitt at email@example.com or Mariya Vaughan at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the LGBTQ* Faculty and Staff Alliance webpage.