October 12, 2022
Graduate student scholarship winners recognized by College of Agriculture
The College of Agriculture announces its most recent graduate student scholarship recipients.
Raymond Thomas, a doctoral student in agricultural economics, was selected for the Nolan and Jean M. McKenzie Graduate Student Fellowship, which recognizes a high-achieving graduate student within the college.
The Dan and Kathy Richardson Scholarship, created for graduate students enrolled in K-State College of Agriculture, was awarded to Jared Lou Rivera, a doctoral student in grain science and industry. The award is specific for students who are involved in research programs focused on food safety or food security that are collaborating with other programs, inside or outside the College of Agriculture.
Parastou Farshi, a doctoral student at the Food Science Institute, was awarded the Joseph Zayas Graduate Student Scholarship, which is given to a graduate student at the college who has made significant contributions to research in the physical and chemical properties of food.
The Dale W. and Frances V. Rake Memorial Scholarship was awarded to Mario Secchi, a doctoral student in agronomy, for his research that supports improved sustainable agricultural practices, good stewardship of the earth and the protection of the environment.
The following students received the Robert Nunemacher Scholarship to support K-State students pursuing a doctorate degree in agriculture in a field related to ranching or farming.
- Rudra B. Baral, agronomy.
- Upasana Dhakal, plant pathology/genetics.
- Sachin Dhanda, agronomy.
- Madeline Sue Grant, animal sciences and industry.
- Victoria Lynne Pickens, entomology.
- Olalekan Ayodele Sipasi, horticulture and natural resources.
- Guilherme Tank, genetics.
The Donald C. Warren Genetics Scholarship, which supports graduate students in the college who conduct research that furthers the understanding of genetics in humans, animals, plants or other class of organism, was awarded to:
- Andrea Salazar-Aguirre, doctoral student in entomology.
- Diriba Hika Chere, doctoral student in agronomy/genetics.
- Jacqueline Marie Maille, doctoral student in entomology.
- Kinde N. Ketema, doctoral student in agronomy/genetics.
- Yuzhou Xu, doctoral student in agronomy/genetics.
Congratulations to all of the graduate student scholarship recipients.