April 5, 2022
Kinesiology offering summer youth conditioning camps
Through the L.I.F.E. program and K-State CrossFit, the Department of Kinesiology is offering two summer sports conditioning camps for youth. The camps will be offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from June 1-July 29, with no camp on July 4. The cost is $196.50 per athlete with a limit of 20 athletes per camp.
Camps will be from 8:30-9:30 a.m. for high school athletes and from 9:30-10:30 a.m. for fourth through eighth grades.
Participants will receive highly trained, science-based coaching on exercise techniques and conditioning. Athletes will develop an understanding of their current athletic abilities and learn areas for improvement most relevant to their sport(s).
Training will include
- Introduction to strength training movements.
- Jumping and plyometrics.
- Speed and agility training.
- Balance, accuracy and coordination skills.
- Bodyweight and basic gymnastics skills.
- Scientifically valid, individualized assessments