April 4, 2022
Celebrate graduate students in the month of April
Initiated by the National Association of Graduate-Professional Students, Graduate-Professional Student Appreciation Week is celebrated the first week of April each year.
In appreciation for their dedicated service and contributions to teaching, research, scholarship and outreach, K-State will recognize graduate students throughout the month of April.
Below is a list of several planned activities to recognize K-State's graduate students. Additional activities and forms of appreciation may be planned by colleges, departments or programs.
- April 4-8: All Olathe campus graduate students are welcome to stop by the Cat's Pause Lounge for snacks and refreshments throughout the week.
- April 7: The College of Veterinary Medicine will host lunch for its graduate students at noon in the BI Auditorium.
- April 8: The College of Arts and Sciences will offer a graduate student pizza luncheon at noon in 301 Calvin Hall. Dean Chakrabarti will give remarks at 12:15 p.m. Graduate students planning to attend are asked to RSVP by Monday, April 4. Questions may be directed to Laura Hohenbary.
- April 12: Graduate students are invited to an extra sweet Grad Coffee Chat with Graduate School and Graduate Student Council leaders from noon-1 p.m. in 118 Eisenhower Hall and via Zoom. Coffee and cookies will be provided by the Graduate School.
- April 18: The College of Architecture, Planning & Design will honor graduate students with refreshments from 9:30-11 a.m. in the Regnier Atrium.
- April 19: The Graduate Student Council will host the annual Graduate Student Awards and Recognition Reception for graduate students who have made notable achievements throughout the 2021-22 academic year. The reception will begin with a social period at 5 p.m. in the Alumni Center Banquet Room. Graduate students to be recognized will receive a direct invitation from the Graduate Student Council.
- April 24: All graduate students and graduate faculty are invited to the President's Picnic, courtesy of President Linton, from 5-6:30 p.m. at McCain Auditorium.