January 27, 2022
Lafene Health Center is available for K-State employees
Lafene Health Center is conveniently located just west of campus and while Lafene primarily attends to students, K-State employees are entitled to use the following services:
- Treatment and care of minor health conditions
- Coughs, colds, sinus and ear discomfort
- Pink eye
- Minor cuts, bruises and abrasions
- Urinary tract infections
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Bug bites, stings and domestic animal bites
- Acute sprains and strains
- Flu and COVID-19 vaccines are available to all faculty and staff members.
- Laboratory performs most tests ordered by your physician.
- Pharmacy fills prescriptions from private physicians and provides over-the-counter medications and other products. The pharmacy even includes a convenient drive-thru.
- Physical therapy is available and no referral is required. If you do have a referral, please bring it with you.
- Travel health appointments are available to identify risks and provide necessary immunizations and medications for international travel.
- Massage therapy can help with stress relief, reduced muscle pain and a strengthened immune system.
Lafene Health Center is in-network for the State of Kansas Health Insurance Program. They are not in-network for Medicaid or Medicare and will not file insurance claims to those entities. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Lafene is not open during evening and weekend hours and does not provide emergency services.
Lafene Health Center is a fully accredited outpatient health center with the primary goal of serving the Manhattan campus of Kansas State University. If you have any questions or need to schedule an appointment, please call 785-532-6544 or visit the website for additional information and service availability.