January 13, 2022
Invite OIE into your classroom or department this spring
Since bringing on new leadership in April 2021, the Office of Institutional Equity, or OIE, has made many changes to its office procedures. One of our goals is to increase the proactive measures we take on K-State's campus. Therefore, OIE invites you to consider including an educational workshop as part of your course curriculum or departmental meeting. Ensuring K-State provides a welcoming, discrimination-free campus for all requires the active commitment of every Wildcat.
The office can provide information on a variety of topics:
- PPM 3010 — Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Harassment; Title VI/Title VII/Title IX/Retaliation — how to make sense of PPM 3010.
- Title IX — including portions on consent, sexual harassment, stalking, dating and domestic violence, sexual assault.
- Intersection of PPM 3010 and PPM 3015 — Threat Management Policy.
- Tips and tricks for responding to incident disclosures/reports as a mandatory reporter/responsible employee — including GTAs, GRAs, GAs, etc.
- Affirmative action planning.
The Office of Institutional Equity frequently partners with university ombudspersons, Office of Student Life, the Center for Advocacy, Response, and Education, K-State First and many other units. If it best meets the needs of your area, we may partner with one of these areas to fulfill your request with a joint presentation.
If there is a topic you are interested in that is not listed, OIE can create that content based on your needs. To schedule a presentation, please email OIE at email@example.com.
Finally, please remember that the Office of Institutional Equity provides free resources to any party regardless of whether incident disclosure is made. We are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-532-6220, or stop by 103 Edwards Hall, A Wing. We are also on social media @KStateOIE for Twitter and Instagram.