October 6, 2021
Research equipment at Porous Media Research Lab
The Porous Media Research Lab in the geology department is now equipped with the following facilities available to all faculty and students on campus:
- Massive build volume: up to 12 x 12 x 23.8 inch build volume.
- High resolution: layer thickness as fine as 0.01mm.
- Precise positioning: 0.0125 mm positioning resolution on X/Y axis.
- Scans the exterior part of objects up to seven inches in diameter and up to 9.8 inches in height.
- Matter and Form's moving HD camera head with dual eye-safe red lasers produces 3D scans that are watertight and accurate to within ±0.1mm of the size and detail of the original.
- Porosity range: 0-59%.
- Maximum gas pressure: 100 psi.
- Sample length: 1-7".
- Measures gas permeability on core plugs.