October 6, 2021
K-State Launch competition open for applications
The biannual K-State Launch competition, open to all K-State undergraduate and graduate students, will take place on Oct. 27.
K-State Launch is an idea competition for students with new venture ideas. A total of $10,000 in prizes will be awarded. Entering your idea is simple! All it takes is submitting a 3-minute video to Canvas before the Oct. 17 deadline.
For more information on K-State Launch, visit k-state.edu/launch.
The competition will feature two divisions as described below:
Global Food Systems — Entries related to food and/or beverage products, food technologies in manufacturing, materials and ingredients technologies, food safety, animal health and farming. Innovative ideas that can fit into the "farm to fork" lifecycle.
Open — All other entries that meet the eligibility requirements will compete in the Open Division.
The top 10 finalists in each division will receive a $200 general scholarship and compete on the day of the event. These finalists will be competing for the following prizes:
- First place — $1,500 cash and $1,500 scholarship for next entrepreneurship course.
- Second place — $1,000 cash and $1,000 scholarship for next entrepreneurship course.
- Third place — $500 cash and $500 scholarship for next entrepreneurship course.
Below are the key dates for fall 2021 K-State Launch:
- Oct. 17 — Submission deadline for entries.
- Oct. 27 — Final Live Event.