October 6, 2020
Do not delay: Enroll in your insurance before Oct. 31
October is open enrollment for health, life and voluntary insurances. The enrollment period will run through Oct. 31 for coverage effective Jan. 1, 2021.
To be able to choose the plan you desire for 2021, all benefit-eligible employees must enroll during the month of October 2020. After submitting your enrollment be sure to save, submit and print the confirmation provided. It is extremely important to print your elections and keep them until you have verified your elections when you review your first check in January 2021.
Human Capital Services and the State Employee Health Plan have many resources that may help you make a decision for health coverage for 2021.
- The State Employee Health Plan Enrollment Booklet provides an overview of components of health insurance and gives a comparison of the five health insurance plans and premiums.
- The State Employee Health Plan Vendors have provided videos to explain their benefits and answers commonly asked questions.
- Human Capital Services has an open enrollment website that links resources and provides additional information.
- NueSynergy provides information about health savings accounts, health reimbursement accounts and flexible spending accounts.
- Ask Alex is a helpful tool that may assist you in making or verifying your decision for 2021.
A frequently asked question of employees is, "What if I don't enroll?" The chart below explains the benefits and enrollment requirements.
All active employees who are currently enrolled MUST make selections for Plan Year 2021. If you are currently enrolled and do not re-enroll, then your medical coverage will be defaulted to Plan N with your current medical carrier and an HRA for the employer contributions.
Dental and/or vision:
Employees only enrolled in the dental and/or vision plan will remain enrolled in those plans for 2021.
Employees currently enrolled in the Voluntary Benefits MUST enroll to select the plans offered by The Hartford.
IMPORTANT: If you do NOT enroll, you will no longer have these benefits.
Employees who have waived coverage will remain waived.
Don't delay your enrollment. To enroll, follow the below instructions.
- Log in to HRIS.
- Navigate to Employee Self Service.
- Select Benefits.
- Select Health Insurance Enrollment.
- You may need to reenter your eID and password.
- Select Kansas State University from the dropdown box.
- Once logged in to the MAP portal, Add Family Member, if applicable.
- Load supporting documents, if applicable.
- Select Enrollments & Events, then Launch Enrollment.
- Make your health insurance selections for coverage.
- Review and select the "I have read and agree ... " statement checkbox.
- Select Continue.
- You must print a copy of your health insurance coverage selections for your records (Ctrl+P).
- Log out of the MAP portal.
October is also open enrollment for optional life insurance through the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System, also known as KPERS.
Information on optional life insurance can be found on the KPERS open enrollment website.