September 2, 2020
Updates on COVID-19 in K-State communities
Kansas State University continues to track and evaluate COVID-19 data in our community. Every Wednesday, the university is updating the online dashboard that tracks COVID-19 data in university-connected communities.
The Monday, Aug. 31, update from the Riley County Health Department indicates:
- 112 new positive cases and no recoveries since the Friday, Aug. 28, report.
- 106, or 95%, of the new positive patients are in the 18-24 age group.
- 523 total active cases in Riley County.
- 394 recovered cases in Riley County.
- Two positive patients and one person under investigation are hospitalized at Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan.
- 8 outbreaks associated with fraternities and sororities and one outbreak associated with the K-State football team.
Monday, Aug. 31, is the most recent date for which K-State data is available. Find the latest COVID-19 data on K-State's online dashboard.
K-State is using 10 indicators and additional data to determine if and when changes to the university's operating status are necessary for the health and safety of the community. Data for each topic and indicator is collected and analyzed multiple times per week to provide updated information so leadership can make proactive decisions as quickly as possible.