May 15, 2020
Faculty Senate requesting volunteers for presidential and university committees
Thank you to those who volunteered for Faculty Senate committees earlier this month. Those are being reviewed. We are also now looking for faculty members and professional staff members to serve on presidential and other university committees. Because these committees are an essential element of the university's shared governance initiative, I strongly encourage you to consider serving on one or more of them in the upcoming academic years.
The names of each committee, along with the number of members needed, are listed below. For presidential and other university committees and councils, Faculty Senate is asked to recommend appointments, with the final selection being made by those who oversee the committees. The length of term for each committee can vary from one to three years. Should you need further information about one or more of these committees, please contact the current chair of the committee. Their names are listed in the Committee Handbook.
If you have an interest in serving on one or more of the following committees (see below), please complete a Committee Interest Form. This helps tremendously as we make committee appointments and recommendations.
I appreciate hearing from you by noon on Friday, May 22. Thank you for considering this important component of shared governance. I look forward to working with you during the coming academic year.
- Council on Parking Operations, two faculty and one professional staff.
- Parking Citation Appeals Board, two faculty or professional staff.
- Campus Environmental Health and Safety Committee, one faculty or professional staff.
- K-State USS Award of Excellence Selection Committee, one faculty or professional staff.
- President's Award of Excellence for Unclassified Professionals Selection Committee, one faculty and one professional staff.
- Commission on the Status of Women, one professional staff.
- Integrity in Research and Scholarly Activity, four tenured graduate faculty.
- Out-of-State Fees Appeals Committee, one faculty or professional staff.
- Kansas State University Appeals Board, two faculty or professional staff.