May 7, 2020
National search for executive director for recruitment and admissions
A committee appointed by Vice Provost for Enrollment Management Karen Goos has begun a national search for the executive director for recruitment and admissions.
The executive director provides leadership for a newly formed department with the expectation to work at a fast pace and to respond to the dynamic nature of enrollment management. This role provides guidance and leadership in the development and implementation of recruitment, admissions and new student transition strategies for the traditional undergraduate program, including freshmen, transfer and international students to Kansas State University. The executive director is responsible for leading all recruitment and enrollment initiatives such as external recruitment, on-campus visitation, admissions evaluation, orientation and enrollment programs, competitive scholarship awarding, and project management in support of the university's enrollment goals.
"This is a key role for the university in our strategic enrollment management efforts," Goos said. "This position will provide data-driven planning and direction of the Office of Recruitment and Admissions and will further strengthen vital campus partnerships in academic recruitment and enrollment."
Search committee members are:
- Mike Finnegan, chair, assistant professor, Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- Sandy Klein, assistant dean for academic programs, College of Agriculture.
- Maleah Lundeen, director academic student services, Global Campus.
- Melinda Markham, associate professor of family studies and human services.
- Tanya McGee, associate director of student financial assistance.
- Madaí Rivera, assistant director of student engagement, Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs.
- Cyndi Slover, academic programs specialist, registrar's office.
- Christopher Smith, executive director for enrollment management, K-State Polytechnic.
- Craig Wanklyn, assistant dean for recruitment, Carl R. Ice College of Engineering.
- Kevin Cook, associate director of academic student services, Housing and Dining Services.
- Ashley Martin, assistant vice president for communications and marketing.
- Roger Schieferecke, assistant dean/director, Center for Student Success and Professional Development.
- Chaz Corredor, junior in finance and student ambassador.
Lindsey Fouquette, executive recruitment manager for Human Capital Services, is serving as the executive recruiter.
To learn more about this role visit careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/509195/. The search committee will accept applications until June 5.