January 14, 2020
College of Arts and Sciences seeks internal nominations and applications for associate dean of academic affairs
The College of Arts and Sciences seeks internal nominations and applications for the position of associate dean for academic affairs. The position is a 12-month full-time administrative appointment with tenure in an academic unit of the college and consideration given for RSCAD and/or teaching opportunities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work as a strategic partner with the dean and department heads on budget planning and to coordinate curriculum changes including strategic investment decisions on instruction.
- Work with departments to manage summer school on-campus classes, and coordinate Global Campus courses and programs of study.
- Work with Education Abroad to coordinate study abroad programs and course offerings.
- Oversee the review of departmental policy documents and updates to departmental governing documents.
- Coordinate transfer and articulation processes for courses.
- Oversee and approve programs, projects and courses of study for Arts and Sciences in the University Honors Program.
- Work with the dean on reappointment and evaluation of department heads, faculty annual evaluations and promotion and tenure evaluation decisions.
- Coordinate college teaching and research awards to faculty and oversee Phi Beta Kappa activities.
- Represent the college in the dean's stead as occasion may require.
Arts and Sciences, K-State's largest college, has more than 120 areas of study and more than 5,800 graduate and undergraduate students. The college's 24 departments and programs cover all areas of the visual and performing arts, the humanities, and the social, physical, and life sciences.
To learn more about the associate dean for academic affairs position in the College of Arts and Sciences, please visit the internal job listing.
Questions? Contact Chris Culbertson, head of the search committee and associate dean for research at firstname.lastname@example.org.