KAWSE Recognition Award
This award has been suspended for the 2020-2021 academic year.
This award honors exceptional efforts undertaken by a K-State faculty or staff member to enrich girls’ and women’s lives in STEM disciplines. Recipients will be recognized with an engraved plaque and a $500 award.
RFN Spring 2020 (PDF)
KAWSE Award Rubric (PDF)
Any K-State faculty or unclassified professional staff member
Deadline for Nominations
Please send all nomination materials to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday, March 2nd with the subject line "Nomination for KAWSE Recognition Award."
Criteria for Nomination
Evidence of demonstrated exceptional efforts to enhance women’s lives in STEM, and thereby to enhance the diversity and efficacy of STEM universally may include, but is not limited to, two or more of the following:
- Outstanding contributions to GROW, EXCITE, SUCCEED, or ADVANCE programs
- Development of new, innovative programs
- Development of activities that support partnerships across programs
- Published research on girls and women in STEM
Any K-State faculty or unclassified professional staff member, may be nominated by a colleague, department head or other administrator. The nomination must include information on how the individual has enriched the lives of women in STEM disciplines. Nominations will be reviewed by a screening committee. Individuals who have previously received this award will generally not be eligible for a subsequent award within a three-year time period.
Contents of Nomination Packet
- Letter of nomination from an administrator or faculty or staff member describing in detail why the nominee is deserving of the award (maximum of two pages)
- Relevant materials, such as published research, program or activity descriptions
Mid-January - call for nominations on ADVANCE listserv
Beginning of March - nomination materials due to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read "Nomination for KAWSE Recognition Award." See exact due date in January announcement.
March/April - review of materials by KAWSE Award Screening Committee
End of April - announcement of KAWSE Award recipient
September - honoree(s) recognized at KAWSE’s Women’s Recognition Ceremony