January 8, 2020
K-State Global Campus announces improved development grant process
In an effort to continue building strong partnerships that develop innovative, market-driven online degree programs, Kansas State University Global Campus has improved its distance learning development grant process.
Now in its 12th year, the grant-funding program strategically reinvests dollars to promote learning opportunities in consideration of the multifaceted lifelong learner. The program is seeking new proposals for fiscal year 2021.
"Our team has worked hard to simplify the process for grant-funding, as well as open up opportunities to fund new ideas that might not have fit our structure in past years," said Karen Pedersen, dean of Global Campus. "Providing support for the development of distance courses and programs will continue to be a high priority, although funding will be available to support new conferences and other projects as well."
Priority is given to proposals that:
- Revise existing and develop new, student-focused programs or courses.
- Reduce course gaps in online curricula or time to degree.
- Focus on learner-centered scheduling (accelerated courses and multiple start dates during a year).
- Promote interdisciplinary approaches.
- Expand learning opportunities in areas of university strength.
Global Campus has reviewed and made revisions to the grant process to add flexibility and simplicity. Specifically, these include:
- Spring and fall requests for proposals offered to provide greater flexibility for faculty.
- The development process has been reduced from 14 months to eight.
- Funding decisions made within three months.
- Courses developed within five months.
- Proposals for credit or noncredit programs will require a market analysis (see your Global Campus program coordinator for more information).
- Electronic application and submission offered to enhance usability.
- Budget template included.
- Funding is released as course(s) are completed and reviewed.
- No progress reports or CVs required.
During the next few weeks, K-State Global Campus staff will meet with deans and department heads to discuss the grant-funding program. Faculty and staff are encouraged to review the details of the program on the grant website.