October 9, 2019
New Faculty Institute luncheon on Oct. 16
The New Faculty Institute will host a breakfast from 8:15-9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, in 201 Leadership Studies Building.
Topic: What do K-State students need from faculty?
You have been in the classroom for seven weeks and you might be asking yourself some questions about the best ways to teach your students. This session will be an opportunity to engage with current students to address the following questions and more:
- How do we increase engagement and participation in the classroom?
- How do students like to use technology in the classroom?
- How do you become a teacher that students love to learn from?
- How do we get buy-in from students in class and get past the “what’s on the test” mentality?
- How do we collaborate with our students in the learning process?
- What challenges and opportunities do students face today?
Please RSVP online no later than noon on Monday, Oct. 14. A catered breakfast from Powercat Sports Grill will be provided.
The New Faculty Institute is a program for new faculty in their first or second year at K-State hosted by the Teaching and Learning Center. The New Faculty Institute provides networking and professional development opportunities to assist new faculty in becoming successful educators and researchers at Kansas State University.
For more information or questions, contact Tamara Bauer, New Faculty Institute coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.