October 8, 2019
National search for assistant vice president, university risk and compliance officer underway
A search committee appointed by Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Cindy Bontrager has begun the national search for the assistant vice president, university risk and compliance officer.
The assistant vice president, university risk and compliance officer is responsible for providing oversight and coordination of an institutional enterprise risk management and compliance program that minimizes overall institutional risk and promotes a culture of compliance and the highest standards of ethics, integrity and responsibility within the university community. This program would effectively and proactively identify, evaluate and monitor strategic and operational risk to the institution.
Search committee members:
- Jay Stephens, vice president for human capital services, chair.
- Cheryl Doerr, associate vice president for research compliance.
- Christina Aguilera, director of environmental health and safety.
- Linda Cook, chief of staff and director of community relations.
- Oscar Ruiz, associate director, K-State Police Department.
- Maureen Redeker, associate general counsel.
- Marcellus Caldas, assistant provost for international faculty collaboration and educational programs.
- Andy Thompson, senior assistant dean and director in the Office of Student Life.
- Jim Bach, associate athletic director for business operations.
The search committee will accept applications until Oct. 25. The committee will begin identifying candidates to Zoom interview the week of Nov. 4, with on-campus finalists interviews scheduled mid-December. Lindsey Fouquette, executive recruitment manager for Human Capital Services, is serving as the executive recruiter.