September 24, 2019
Highlights from the Sept. 10 Faculty Senate meeting
Guest: Provost Taber was present for discussion of the draft Academic Calendar for fall 2022-spring 2025.
- Academic Calendar F2022-S2025 — After thoughtful discussion by senators regarding views on the possibility of an additional fall break, the calendar was approved. No fall break was included and an amendment to the start date of the fall 2024 semester was approved. The University Calendar Committee will be informed of the discussion and the approved calendar will be submitted to the provost.
Dispute Resolution and Honor and Integrity System annual reports were provided to senators. Representatives were in attendance to present an overview of their reports and answer senators' questions.
- A revised Principles of Community was endorsed.
Standing committee and Student Senate reports:
- Academic Affairs: A couple of Section F handbook policy changes will be coming forward related to credit hour definitions and transfer students.
- Faculty Affairs: A handbook change to section D90 was made to include information about paid parental leave.
- Professional Staff Affairs: No report.
- Student Senate: Members of SGA will be going to OSU to attend the SGA Big 12 conference. A message was conveyed to DSO advisors to please be properly registered online. This allows SGA to adequately allocate student fees to student organizations. Their Intern program is beginning.
- Technology, FSCOT: No report.
- University Planning, FSCOUP: FSCOUP will continue to be involved with budget modernization progress and updates as well as being involved with K-State 2025 conversations this fall.
- President González directed senators to the monthly KBOR meeting report.
- Professor of the Week selections were submitted by each caucus.
- State of the University address will be at 3:30 p.m. Sept. 27 in the K-State Alumni Center.
Open discussion period
- It was announced Hale Library first floor is now open. There is also an important curation process underway to review what is going back into the library.
Faculty Senate President
Cultural Studies Track Head
Department of English
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506