September 24, 2019
Understanding Your Role as a K-State Supervisor offered Oct. 1
Submitted by Human Capital Services - Learning and Development
Understanding Your Role as a K-State Supervisor will be offered from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Oct. 1, in the K-State Alumni Center Tadtman Boardroom.
This session is suitable for all academic, professional and support staff with management and/or leadership roles across the university. Participants will understand the importance of a leader who encourages and guides employees, advances teamwork, inspires trust and optimizes results.
Participants will learn the following at the session:
- Define the role of the supervisor.
- Understand the higher education construct in the state of Kansas and the hierarchy of Kansas State University.
- Differentiate employee types — university support staff, unclassified, faculty.
- Understand the importance of effective onboarding practices.
- Build rapport and trust within a team.
You must be a current supervisor of university support staff or unclassified professionals to attend this session. This session is offered in conjunction with the K-State Supervisory Foundations Pillar I: Establishing Your Supervisory Foundation certificate program, therefore, seating is limited.
To register for this session, please complete this registration form.