September 5, 2019
Speakers announced for Global Campus' Have a Byte and awards event
Join faculty members from across the university to explore methods to incorporate "Real World Engagement" into online coursework. Designed to showcase outstanding work being done by faculty members who teach online, presenters will share unique and effective methods for teaching online and incorporating real-world experience into coursework. Tips shared will benefit anyone offering courses through an online delivery model.
The presentations are the focus of the third annual Have a Byte event hosted by K-State Global Campus and will be from 3-4:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, in the Wildcat Chamber inside the K-State Student Union.
Scheduled presenters at Have a Byte include:
- Barbara DeSanto, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Russell Feldhausen, College of Engineering.
- Thuria Mossa, College of Arts and Sciences.
- Della Perez, College of Education.
- Brandon Savage, College of Business Administration.
- Linda Yarrow, College of Health and Human Sciences.
As part of the Have a Byte program, Global Campus will present its annual awards to deserving individuals in four categories:
- Excellence in Online Teaching
- Outstanding Advising Award
- Extraordinary Student
- Friend of K-State Global Campus
Nominations are being accepted through Sept.6. Visit the nomination page for more information on each category and to submit nominations.
Have a Byte is a collaborative effort between Global Campus, the Teaching and Learning Center, Office of Mediated Education and Information Technology Assistance Center.