January 29, 2019
Work continues for university budget planning team
Dear K-State community,
Shortly before winter break, I wrote to you announcing the members of the university budget planning team. This team is a critical part of our General Use Budget Planning and Oversight Structure (PDF). Since the announcement, the team has met twice and began working on their shadow year tasks. One of the first activities the team completed was to self-organize into Service Center and Revenue Center Working Groups as well as the Budget Model Review Panel (below).
Revenue Center Working Group
- Debbie Mercer, professor and dean, College of Education and chair.
- Andy Bennett, professor and department head, mathematics.
- Christopher Smith, executive director, Enrollment Management and Marketing Services, K-State Polytechnic.
- Sunanda Dissanayake, professor and associate dean, Graduate School.
- Lori Goetsch, professor and dean, K-State Libraries.
Service Center Working Group
- Mandy Cole, director, Administrative Support Center and chair.
- Trish Gott, assistant professor and associate director, Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- Craig Harms, professor and department head, kinesiology.
- Shanna Legleiter, director, Learning and Development.
- Jeff Morris, vice president for communications and marketing.
Budget Model Review Panel
- Chuck Taber, provost and executive vice president and co-chair.
- Cindy Bontrager, vice president for administration and finance and co-chair.
- Gregg Hadley, associate professor and director for extension, K-State Research and Extension.
- Eric Higgins, professor and associate dean, College of Business Administration.
- Peter Dorhout, vice president for research.
- Emily Lehning, associate vice president for student life and director of New Student Services.
- Spencer Wood, Faculty Senate president.
- Becki Bohnenblust, University Support Staff Senate president.
- Jordan Kiehl, Student Governing Association president.
- Emily Pascoe, Graduate Student Council president.
* Ex-Officio (nonvoting) members:
- Tanya Gonzalez, Faculty Senate president-elect.
- Cyreathia "Sam" Reyer, University Support Staff Senate vice president.
- Jansen Penny, Student Governing Association representative.
- Manzamasso Hodjo, Graduate Student Council president-elect.
Throughout the remainder of the new budget model's shadow year, the Revenue and Service Center Working Groups will be developing the proposal process to review Service Center and Revenue Center funding requests. Additionally, the Service Center Working Group will be developing the process for benchmarking the budgets of Service Centers to peer institutions. The Budget Review Panel will be reviewing the university's three-year general use budget planning along with any tuition rate proposals.
I want to thank these members for their willingness to serve the university on these teams.
Richard B. Myers
Kansas State University