January 23, 2019
Gain a professional advantage and complete Powercat Financial's K-State 360 badges to enhance your financial skills
Powercat Financial wants to provide all undergraduate students with a competitive edge to stand out to future employers or graduate and professional schools. Financial capability is an important skillset any student should possess upon graduating. Two K-State 360 Badges are available to enhance students' financial capability:
New "Get Money Savvy with CashCourse" Badge:
Obtain financial skills training on a variety of essential financial skills via courses offered in the free online financial tool at CashCourse.org. To achieve this badge you must:
- Register for the free CashCourse.org online financial tool,
- Participate in Hands-on CashCourse Training via Zoom.
- Complete just four of the financial courses offered in CashCourse.
The next Hands-on CashCourse Training Workshop will be take place at 10 a.m. Jan. 31 online via Zoom.
Alternative workshop dates will be hosted approximately every two weeks thereafter as noted in K-State 360 and on the Powercat Financial calendar of events.
Students who complete this new CashCourse badge by April 15 will be entered into a drawing for a $200 gift card.
College Financial Planning Badge:
Engage in group education plus at least three individual financial counseling sessions to assist you in developing a personal college financial plan to optimize your financial success. To achieve this badge you must:
- Attend three financial sessions with Powercat Financial.
- Attend a Student Money Management Workshop.
- Attend two of our upcoming events.
The next Student Money Management Workshop is at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30, in Room 207 of the K-State Student Union. Alternative workshop dates will be held once a month thereafter as noted K-State 360 and on the Powercat Financial calendar of events.
Mark your calendar to attend our upcoming events which count towards the K-State 360 CFP badge requirement:
- Marriage & Money workshop at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 11, in Room 227 of the K-State Student Union. Learn how to merge finances with a partner successfully.
- Spring Break NOT Spring Broke event at noon Thursday, Feb. 28, in the K-State Student Union courtyard. Have a chance to play games, learn how to save during spring break and win more prizes.