January 7, 2019
Internal search for associate dean for research
The College of Arts and Sciences is seeking internal nominations and applications for the position of associate dean for research. The position is a 12-month full-time administrative appointment with tenure in an academic unit of the college.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with strategic planning and data analysis.
- Manage the college instructional fee programs.
- Engage early-career faculty for the college's faculty enhancement program and participation in RSCAD training activities offered by the Office of Research Development.
- Serve on Associate Deans for Research Council.
- Serve as college liaison to the Graduate School.
- Coordinate research compliance and safety offices.
- Plan facility construction and oversight of maintenance and repair projects.
- Coordinate space migration projects.
- Represent the college in the dean's stead as occasion may require — such as chairing hiring and five-year administrative review committees, negotiating solutions to complex problems, interacting with alumni, and serving as a resource for faculty and staff.
Arts and Sciences research expenditures were $29.8 million in fiscal year 2017 and college faculty generated $51 million in extramural grant awards in fiscal year 2018. To learn more about the college, visit the Arts and Sciences website.
To learn more about the associate dean for research position in the College of Arts and Sciences, please visit the internal job listing.
Questions? Contact Michal Zolkiewski, head of the search committee and department head of biochemistry and molecular biophysics, at email@example.com.